Monday, November 17, 2008

One more cookie.

So here I am. Finally. Finally reading, finally writing, finally getting a few things off my chest. Who am I? I am lots of things. We'll get into that.

My friends. Isn't it odd how friendships change? I swear I have always hated change, but as I get older it gets harder to accept that maybe the friends you had growing up aren't the best friends for you as an adult. I have amazing friends, beautiful, giving, loving ones. So why do I focus on the ones who I can't seem to connect with anymore? That's just me.

It's Monday. Typical, ordinary, beautiful Monday. Three children asleep and the house is quiet for this tiny bit of time.

I was listening to Christmas music in the car and Feliz Navidad came on. My mom loved that song. I cried for a minute remembering her singing and baking cookies. If I could only have one more cookie. One more song.

Soneones awake. Until later...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I miss my mom's cookies too!! And Christmas music always reminds me of her. I think our moms would have loved eachother...maybe they're up there together making cookies and singing (my mom...badly :) Christmas songs! We're all in this together my love!

grntree77 said...

My favorite memories are baking cookies with my mom..even though we didnt do it for very long so I totally understand.

As for the friend thing....I think maybe since we have lost our mothers it makes it harder to lose old friends as well....we have a new understanding of what relationships mean and even though the old friend no longer fits into our lives or we in thiers it still hurts to let go....especially since the old friends probably knew our mothers and thats one less person in your life now who you can remember her like you do.